water in a stick

water in a stick
survival

Friday, September 4, 2009

Writing THE NOVEL

 I am a writer.  Sometimes you want something so bad it makes your heart actually feel like it is swelling when you think about getting what you want.  I think this way about writing.  The words flow faster than I can type and I can't wait to find out what happens next, I don't plan much in advance, I just let it roll.  I am in heaven.  Then I read it.  Uh oh.  And the re-write begins.  But the second time it is better, and by the fifteenth re-write I feel I can ask someone else to read it.  That is a real issue.  You want the truth, but you want the truth to be something like: "Oh my God!  This is such a great story!  I feel like I am inside the book, and I can't imagine why you haven't written before."  Yeah.  You don't hear that often.  Maybe never.  But in your heart, it's there, just waiting for the right series of letters to come together into the words that will make your writing great.  Currently, I am somewhere around the twenty-fifth re-write and it is getting better.  I am a writer.     Jan Roswold Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment