water in a stick

water in a stick
survival

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

eeuw, yuck, pain with a ganglion cyst

I have been having pain in my left hand for about a month after I fell and landed on my wrist.  Today I finally went to the doctor to make sure it wasn't serious.  X-rays showed nothing broken.  Doctor said it's a ganglion cyst.  Probably from when I fell.  He said sometimes injuries can cause a cyst to appear.  It is fluid from the joint in my wrist and overuse makes it worse.  Guess I'm not doing anymore painting.  At least not of buildings.  Anyway, treatments - splint it so it doesn't move.  Drain it. eeuw.  surgery. oh no. or wait and hope it goes away.  Doctor said he had one, it lasted fifteen years.  Boo hiss.  So, I will splint it when I am going to do something that would cause it to bend a lot, and I will wait.  Such a day.  Visited both my daughters today. Courtney was tired and she has to work tonight.  Kristin was on the computer.  Not the best visit.  Think I'll go home and eat worms.  Tomorrow is another day.  Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment