water in a stick

water in a stick
survival

Sunday, September 6, 2009

children

Its sunday, sept. 6th.  Today I got to help one of my kids.  As a parent I want to see all three of my children happy, content, and with enough money to pay their bills.  I don't care if they are rich, I just want them to be able to pay the bills at the end of the month.  And I want them to be able to smile at the end of the day.  And to look at their children and be glad they get to sit on the floor with them for a little bit and build a lego castle, or read them a book, whatever.  And I want them to be able to sit down on the couch with their husband or wife and look around the room and feel relaxed.  That most of the daily chores are done.
But.....as a parent I can't do these things for them or make them happen.  And it hurts when you see one of you 'babies' unable to 'get there'.
Today I spent a couple of hours at my youngest daughters helping her catch up on some household cleaning.  They have been working on a huge project on the house and little by little, every day the things she normally took care slipped between the cracks until it was overwhelming.  She didn't say that.  But her eyes did.  So together we swept, and vacumed, and mopped and cleaned counters, stove, sink.  Dusted, put toys away, de-haired the couch, and got the kids room cleaned.  When we were done I was sweaty, but I felt good.  I'm not too sure about her.  She said she had a headache and a stomach ache.  I hope it wasn't because I helped her.  I just wanted to do something to make a little part of her day better.  I wanted to see her smile.  I didn't see the smile, but I did get a hug.  I hope she feels better tonight.  I wish I could help her more.  I will hope for the smile when I see her next.  It's hard to be a parent. Even when your 'babies' are parents themselves.  Maybe harder.  I want them all to smile.

1 comment:

  1. i did smile mom. i love you always.
    courtney

    ReplyDelete