water in a stick

water in a stick
survival

Monday, October 26, 2009

monday, monday.....

So on Thursday the 22nd we went to Urgent Care, got an x-ray of my back, some meds.  Saturday the pain was worse and I couldn't pee.  That was scary.  Back to Urgent Care.  The Dr. said, I am going to send you to the ER for an MRI.  He didn't like that I couldn't pee either.  The ER doc was a jerk we were there in a room for over six hours.  When he came in he hadn't even read the chart and said he didn't know why the urgent care dr sent me for an unneeded mri.  I said it was that I wasn't peeing.  He said what?  Then he looked at the chart.  He said the nurses should have told him.  I said he should have looked at the chart.  He said the MRI would be uncomfortable because I had to lay still so he would give me a pain killer.  He gave me a low dose of hydrocodone and sent me to the MRI machine.  What?  Does he not know that the hydrocodone takes at least a half hour to work.  Oh well.  Grin and bear it right?  But the MRI shows nothing.  no pinched nerve, no bulging disks.  No reason why I can't pee.  So he says go home, ice and heat, rest.  Come back if it continues.  What a dweeb.  So Monday morning we go to our regular dr.  By this time my left thigh is completely numb. no feeling at all.  But I am peeing!  My dr. puts me on prednizone, more pain meds, says come back in a week, sooner if the numbness doesn't go away.  He says it may be a damaged nerve.  Crap.  So on our way home we stop at a store and some dumb thing falls off a shelf and hits me on the foot.  Breaks a blood vessel, it swells up, and big bruise.  And it hurts.   So I have pain in too many places.  And the pain meds take the edge off, but the edge is not enough!  What is next.
On the good side, Howard is feeling much better
I hope everyone is having a good day.  You must be, cause somebody got mine! Love ya'all

No comments:

Post a Comment